View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I am one of those people who hates Muse. There are few bands on this planet I dislike more - but more than the music, it's the fans. More specifically Mike Portnoy-junkies who believe that somehow, Muse is a progressive rock band. Give me a fucking break. It's pop music. Maybe experimental, indie pop music at that - but it's pop music. Now I'm not saying pop music is necessarily a bad thing, but I can't stand people who try to pass it off for something it's not - and I hate that with any kind of music trying to be passed for anything else that it's not.

And yeah, I just don't get what people are talking about when they say they're "so heavy" - I mean, yeah, I've heard songs with riffs and heavy distorted guitars - but it still didn't really change the big picture for me.

Oh yeah, and I've spent so much time telling people that frankly I don't hear a lot of difference between Muse and bands like Coldplay and The Killers, and they all treated me like I was fucking crazy, so I looked at their last.fm page.
Artists similar to Muse:

Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Coldplay, Radiohead, 30 Seconds to Mars, Keane, and The Arctic Monkeys.

Yes, but I'm the one who's crazy.
It's progressive to most of the listeners, which is where they get that label from. I agree with you, that label is pretty misplaced, but I still consider them a rock band, that occasionally change it around a bit.