View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I am one of those people who hates Muse. There are few bands on this planet I dislike more - but more than the music, it's the fans. More specifically Mike Portnoy-junkies who believe that somehow, Muse is a progressive rock band. Give me a fucking break. It's pop music. Maybe experimental, indie pop music at that - but it's pop music. Now I'm not saying pop music is necessarily a bad thing, but I can't stand people who try to pass it off for something it's not - and I hate that with any kind of music trying to be passed for anything else that it's not.

And yeah, I just don't get what people are talking about when they say they're "so heavy" - I mean, yeah, I've heard songs with riffs and heavy distorted guitars - but it still didn't really change the big picture for me.
More or less this, but Knights of Cydonia still rocks hard (and therefore Uprising by proxy because it's THE SAME FUCKING SONG).

But yeah, they are not heavy, they are not progressive, and even calling them a rock band only holds true from time to time. Experimental Indie Pop sounds like the most fitting description around. That's not to say they aren't good at what they do, clearly they are and I'm told they are excellent live, but the constant mis-labelling and desperate claims by indie pop fans to claim they're rock fans because they listen to Muse is pathetic.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary

Last edited by ravenheart; 05-09-2010 at 10:38 AM.