View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
4.Bolt Thrower
That will be tough, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility. BTW, they are fucking phenomenal. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Carcass
Baroness
Mastodon
Motorhead
Carcass and Baroness are incredible live. Mastodon was good when I saw them, but this tour has been very hit-and-miss from what I've heard, due mainly to shenanigans on Brent's part (shocker). Motorhead was loud as fuck and very good when I saw them twenty-odd years ago, but I have no idea about them now. Obviously, I wouldn't take the opinions of any Motorhead haters very seriously, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Big Business
Gojira
Motorhead
Queens of the Stone Age
Torche
I've caught small snippets of sets by the first two, and what I heard was excellent. Motorhead is discussed above. QotSA kinda sucked ass when I saw them open for Tool - I expected much better. Torche is awesome live. When I saw them, they still had Juan Montoya, who has left the band. Don't know if that makes a big difference or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Giant Squid, Cobalt, Carcass, and Cormorant...oh wait...
Yes you do, yes we do, yes you do, yes we do. Squid and Carcass are both seriously awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Clutch
Carcass
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Clutch is surreal. So good. Carcass I've discussed already. I've heard GY!BE is off the chain, if you're into them. I want to see them live, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
2. Arch Enemy (headline)
5. Necrophagist
6. Dying Fetus

Ensiferum, Origin, Carcass
Arch Enemy is so good live. I saw them headline last winter. Awesome. I saw both Necrophagist and Dying Fetus at Summer Slaughter last year. Necrophagist is awesome, but their stage show is not really all that high-energy. They just play like demons, and you get to watch. Still cool in my book. Dying Fetus was really good if you're a fan of theirs. I saw Ensiferum that night as well. They are a ton of fun, and very good live. Origin was also there, although I'd seen them before. They were tits. Now with a new lead vocalist, who knows? Probably still pretty good. Carcass, again, has been explained already. You need to do that shit, son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Mastodon
Pig Destroyer
Converge
Clutch
I've already discussed Mastodon and Clutch above. I've seen Pig Destroyer live twice, and while it was awesome, you really have to be a fan of theirs and familiar with their stuff to truly appreciate it. Otherwise, it sounds like just a bunch of noise. If you're a big fan and you know their stuff, then go and prepare to be destroyed! Converge was pretty decent both times I saw them, but they're the same story as Pig Destroyer. It all sounds like noise unless you know what you're hearing - perhaps even more so than with Pig Destroyer (believe it or not). But if they're your thing, have at it - I doubt you'll be disappointed.