View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
uncovering the science of blasphemy

Here's the Moonsorrow set, basically the same set as the rest of this tour, with song 2 being the only one they've been changing up. Clocked in at 55 minutes.

1. Jumalten Kaupunki/Tuhatvuotinen Perintö
2. Köyliönjärven Jäällä (Pakanavedet II) This song has been changing every few shows this tour, but I'm glad we got this one, it got the crowd bouncing.
3. Pimeä
4. Tulimyrsky (Ville said they were playing parts 5 through 9. It cut off about 13 minutes of the beginning.)
5. Aurinko Ja Kuu

Swallow the Sun definitely plays their stuff well, I just couldn't get into it. Singer is kind of but I'll say it looked intentional.

Moonsorrow just slayed. Fun show, good set, cool ass people too. Not a dickhead in the bunch as far as I saw. Also the old guy in the pit I think I've seen him there before. Moonsorrow looked happy with the turnout in LA, and also lol at "HE KILLED HIM".

Finntroll was excellent too. I don't know them as well as Moonsorrow, but enough to recognize about 1/2 the set. Serious band, plays their stuff tight. Crowd very into it.

Agree that HOB, even though a great venue, is financial rape. Drove up from San Diego and hit happy hour down the street before the show and was like lol. But the night was so killer, I ended up getting a few there too and HOB was like LOL. No regrets, the LA run is always a pricey one for us.