View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Mastodon -- Greensburg, PA -- April 26th, 2010

Me and my bud got to the show right before Baroness came on. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from them live because I really hadn't heard anything good or bad about their live performances but I must say I was impressed. I'm not familiar with any of their stuff that's not on the Blue Record, but everything they played minus one song was from that album.

Here is Baroness's set:

1. Bullhead's Psalm
2. The Sweetest Curse
3. Isak
4. Jake Leg
5. Ogeechee Hymnal
6. A Horse Called Golgotha
7. War, Wisdom, and Rhyme
8. Swollen and Halo

(I'm not sure if they played the song off the Red Album or Jake Leg first, so those may be out of order)

Between the Buried and Me was on next and I have to say that I'm not a fan of them at all. I understand why people enjoy them and appreciate their creativity, but the music just isn't for me. Too much metalcore influence in their music too I think. We watched some of their set and I know they played "Prequel to the Sequel", but not long after that we went out to get some food.

All of the bands set up all their equipment and got the sound straightened out suprisingly fast, and as soon as we got back from our food break Mastodon took the stage. Their performance was great, although the sound could have been better. Crack the Skye was awesome in its entirety, and the rest of the songs they played after that were all good too. They were a very entertaining band, and I'm glad I went.

I'm not familiar with some stuff off of Remission and Blood Mountain, so I may be incorrect on whether they played Ole Nessie or not.

1. Oblivion
2. Divinations
3. Quintessence
4. The Czar
5. Ghost of Karellia
6. Crack the Skye
7. The Last Baron
8. Crusher Destroyer
9. Crystal Skull
10. I Am Ahab
11. Circle of the Cysquatch
12. Capillarian Crest
13. Ol'e Nessie (Maybe...)
14. Aqua Dementia
15. Iron Tusk
16. March of the Fire Ants
17. Blood and Thunder

Some of the songs in the second half may be out of order.

Last edited by daimonos; 04-27-2010 at 08:48 AM.