View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Well here is my review. I will start here all the bands I watched for the whole day.
Acaro
Lecherous Noctourne
Malefice
Arsonists Get All The Girls
Gaza
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
Holy Grail
Cattle Decapitation
Skeletonwitch
Municipal Waste
Eluevitie
Whitechapel
Job For A Cowboy
Amon Amrath

Acaro started off the day pretty damn well. They are a local death metal band and they are really solid. I hope they break out they defintley deserve it.

Lecherous Nocturne was pretty good. Wasn't that familar going in with their material and I will proably check out more of their stuff in the future.

Malefice was very meh. They played this odd style of death/thrash with horribly-timed breakdowns. The singer wasn't bad though and he had a hillarious British accent.

Arsonists Get All The Girls was proably the pleasant surprise of the day. With the exception of their most recent record Portals which I thought was pretty good their older stuff was pretty hit or miss. Live though they were very impressive. A lot of energy and percision put into their performance. I also have to complement them on how awesome the keyboards sounded live.

Took a break and got some food next door where I met all of Acaro and the drummer from Swashbuckle. All really chill guys. The guitarist from Acaro also gave me a copy of their EP for free

Got back into The Palladium about 5 mins before Gaza went on. Gaza was one of the big reasons for me attending this show and they did not disappoint. Brutal as all hell live. Their frontman is also hysterical and he constantly shit on deathcore bands. He defintley delivered the line of the day "For some of you walking I think you have made a grim error we are not Chelsea Grin they are playing on the other stage. If you hurry down you will proably be able to catch some synchronized dancing".

Tony Danza Tap Extravangza was meh as well. I must say unlike most bands that attempt to have funny song titles Tony Danza actually does have funny song titles.

After Tony Danza wrapped up went back to the downstairs stage to catch Through The Eyes Of The Dead. They dropped some of their better songs they were playing. They were still pretty good but I expected more.

Holy Grail was proably the worst band of the day that I actually watched. I mean the riffs weren't bad but the vocalist sounded like Bruce Dickinson had beaten by a lead pipe for hours on end.

Cattle Decapitation absoultely crushed. Travis Ryan is a fucking monster and their performance was one of the best of the day. Can't wait see to see them again.

After Cattle I left again because I really didn't want to see Impending Doom because the are fucking awful. So I walked around Worcester a little bit and I ended up walking past Johnny Davy and Charn from Job For A Cowboy and not realizing untill about a minute later. I did end up meeting Gavin and Sean from Arsonists Get All The Girls in the parking lot before I went back in.

Upon my re-entry the almighty Skeletonwitch(aka Skeletontits) was about to play. First time seeing them and I was absolutley floored. They have such great stage presence and their songs sound even better live. I was also beyond stoked when they played Within My Blood because it was not in the previous setlist that I saw.

Toughest choice of the day was between watching The Red Chord and Municipal Waste. I have seen them both before and I love both of them. I ended going with The Waste because I know The Red Chord is coming back on Summer Slaughter. The Waste was awesome as usual. Proably the most energy out of any band all day. Tony was jumping off of everything,a ton of crowdsurfers,really fun pits and hillarious banter Typical awesome Waste performance.

After the Waste I ran back downstairs to catch Eluveitie. I may or may not have missed a song I am not sure. Being my first live Folk Metal band I have to say Folk Metal live is amazing. They were such a fun band to watch and everyone in the crowd was having a blast during their set. The only "problem" with them is that my friend and I kept making jokes about the guy in the band who was playing the insturment that looked like a crossbow. Mainly because we kept making really stupid jokes about if Rambo was in a metal band that's what he would play... Anyways Elueveite was fucking great.

Whitechapel was up next. Most people on here hate them but I am a fan. This was my 2nd time seeing them and they wern't as good as the 1st time. Maybe it was because their sound was off. I don't really know.

Job For A Cowboy was great. Fuck all the haters of them these guys are legit and their live show proves that. Really tight,heavy and sharp. Great Peformance and alot better than they were at Mayhem last summer.

Amon Amarth was just plain epic. I didn't realize how fucking big Johan was untill they went on that guy is a monster. They owned the stage and a fantastic live band.

Other Notes:
First and most importantly I am deeply sorry to Chyck for not saying hello. I bounced right after Amon Amarth and the fucking asshole in the Katkaylsm shirt permitted from not moving any closer.

I didn't watch Rose Funeral because I didn't have UNO Cards and I wanted to check out Lecherous Nocturne but my friend went up and watched them,heckled them and the singer spit on him.

I picked up a Job For A Cowboy Tour Shirt and A Skeletonwitch Breathing The Fire Shirt.

The place next to The Palladium (The Name Escapes Me) has great food.

Lastly here my scores for every band that I saw
Acaro 8/10
Lechorous Nocturne 7/10
Malefice 5.5/10
Arsonists Get All The Girls 8/10
Gaza 8.5/10
Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza 6/10
Through The Eyes Of The Dead 7/10
Holy Grail 4/10
Cattle Decapitation 8.5/10
Skeletonwitch 9/10
Municipal Waste 8.5/10