View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
The guy behind the guy, behind the guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisdead911 View Post
Ok don't bash Mastodon seriously. So maybe they had one off show, but I can say without even having been there, they probably owned every other band, especially since BTBAM didn't go over. Besides when you play 10+ min songs, what do you expect? They can't always be perfect, they've been all over the world, so if they don't act like superheroes for one crowd, don't get all pissy about it.
Before "The Last Baron", the show was great! I honestly thought the sound was awesome and that they were playing really well. But when Brent freaked out, and I mean FREAKED out...the band just looked like a deer in headlights. Troy especially. You could tell he just wanted to put on an awesome show and Brent was just crashing it into the ground. From that point on it just seemed like they weren't focused. You could just sense the lack in energy. And I fucking LOVE Mastodon. It was painful to watch a band you love crumble a bit on the stage. But hey, it happens. And I hate to say it, but BTBAM owned Mastodon last night.