View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Thumbs up Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Round 1 has been insanely entertaining and competitive so far. So far, no one is emerging as completely dominant, though the Penguins and my Caps are starting to hit a stride. The fucking Habs gave us fits in the first game and the first 2/3rds of the second, but since then we've absolutely reamed them. Ovechkin clearly does not take kindly to being called out after a bad game, and him and Backstrom took it out on Halak. It's becoming abundantly clear that Theodore is worthless in the playoffs, but it looks like Varly can pick up the slack. Here's hoping we can close the deal quickly. I think the Pens have figured out the Senators, too, and will probably take it in 5. Crosby has been playing out of his mind. Bruins and Sabres will be a low-scoring, 7 game grudge match it looks like, and ditto for the Devils and Flyers. In the West, I'd love to see Phoenix and Nashville move on to the next round. The Sharks are already starting their playoff choking, and the Canucks might be in trouble after Luongo shit the bed last night. Here's who I think will move on to the semi-finals:

East:
Capitals
Penguins
Devils
Sabres

West:
Coyotes
Blackhawks
Canucks
Avalanche

Beyond that, who knows. Sound off!