View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Held together at it's last seams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataklysmicdeath View Post
The show was overall pretty sick. Kataklysm and Lazarus AD destroyed (as usual). I'm a little upset Kataklysm's set got cut off short though.

my quick review of the locals:

I was very surprised with the first local band 'Carcinogen'. I figured they were going to be another metalcore/deathcore band, but their music really blew me away. They have a lot of potential, but their demo on their myspace doesn't do them justice. My only complaint about them was the frontman. His vocals were great, but his overall look (appearance) was not complementing Carcinogen's style and sound. If he just wore jeans and a t-shirt; it would have been almost a flawless show.
I disagree. The singer was a maniac, and fronted a really entertaining show. The guy was going for something different, and it works, it made them stand out. His vocals were really powerful. What ruined for me it was the drummer, he just couldn't seem to get it together until the end, and it brought down the performance.
Death Becomes Her was generic I agree. Nothing different there.
Facing the Sun was impressive. The frontman really knows what he's doing, and as a unit the band has it together. They were easily the best local band at the show. The lead guitarist, I agree was really good.
Lazarous A.D. was kickass. They played Revolution, so I left really happy that night. Jeff is a funny guy, had no idea they were from Wisconsin. Convinced me to get another beer with his speech.
Now, Kataklylsm. I've waited years to see these guys, and they were having a great night. There set seemed short, but for guys who have been playing 20 years, you couldn't ask for more.
I'm really glad I went. The Crazy Donkey is the best place in Suffolk to catch a show, and not a bad place to hang out on a Friday night.

Last edited by SuFfoLkPriDe; 04-16-2010 at 10:43 PM.