View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Finntroll -- Worcester, MA -- April 9th, 2010

Finally met the elusive Chyck.

AWESOME show. That doesn't even really begin to capture it. Hopefully, I'll get a full writeup for Metal Covenant done over the weekend, but it was just such an awesome night.

I was surprised - I definitely thought the crowd got way more into Moonsorrow than they did Finntroll. Yeah, a lot of people were getting into Finntroll, but it just seemed like the crowd was way more active during Moonsorrow, which surprised the shit out of me.

Swallow the Sun (Incomplete, and probably out of order)
These Hours of Despair
Plague of Butteflies
Don't Fall Asleep (Horror Pt. 2)
New Moon

There was also atleast one song (maybe two) before These Hours of Despair, and before Plague of Butterflies there was another song off of New Moon but I didn't catch the title. Also, might have been a song after New Moon.

Moonsorrow
Jumalten Kaupunki/Tuhatvuotinen Perinto
Köyliönjärven Jäällä (Pakanavedet II)
Tulimyrsky
Pimea
Aurinko Ja Kuu

I'm actually a little iffy on the first part of the Moonsorrow set. They definitely played Tulimyrsky, Pimea, and Aurinko Ja Kuu. I believe the first two songs are correct, though.

Finntroll
Nedgang
Drap
Skogens Hamnd
Slaget Vid Blodsalv
Den Frusna Munnen
Nattfodd
Eliytres
Blodnatt
Trollhammaren
Under Bergets Rot
Svartberg
Sang
Korpens Saga
Vatteanda
Kitteldags
Maktens Spira
Solsagan
---------------
Jaktens Tid
Segersang

So, the same set as Springfield + "Maktens Spira" off of Ur Jordens Djup. If I heard Vreth right (which I may not have, since it was hard to understand him from where I was), this was the first time they played it live.

Last edited by JuuKun; 04-10-2010 at 06:01 AM.