Forest Of October
Advent
April Ethereal
The Moor
Wreath
Hope Leaves
Harlequin Forest
The Lotus Eater

Great show! Opeth always does deliver. But I think it was also somewhat of a disappointment. The first set was really cool, it was a pleasure to hear Blackwater Park in its entirety, but the sound was really off for the first few tunes. Sort of tinny. Could barely hear Mikael's vocals...especially the harsh vocals. But then again he could have just been warming up because the sound in Set 2 was spot on!

The band promoted this tour as something where they were going to pull out all the stops: Blackwater Park in its entirety, rare songs, maybe a few surprises...instead they went with the chronological set which they've already done before (which I thought wasn't too inventive or original) and the setlist itself wasn't exactly rare. I really thought they would pull out songs they've NEVER played. Black Rose Immortal is one. I'm not a huuuge fan of that, but it's sick still and would be nice to hear. The Moor is pretty common, they played Harlequin Forest as a staple during their European tour in '09, Wreath a lot during the second half of the US tour '09, Advent a ton when Deliverance was being promoted...I dunno, I guess I was just expecting more of a one-of-a-kind experience. I wish the setlists had changed from show to show too, but then again it's tough to rehearse 16+ songs and change them up! But all in all it was a SICKKK show. Although, this is how I would have done it:

Set 1:

Blackwater Park

Set 2 (going with the chronological set):

In Mist She Was Standing
Nectar
Madrigal -->The Amen Corner
Serenity Painted Death
Still Day Beneath The Sun (why not keep BWP in the chronology and pull out a sick B-Side?!)
By The Pain I See In Others
Hope Leaves
Beneath The Mire
The Lotus Eater
A New Song?? (keep with the chronology and play something that comes after Watershed...hence, a new song?? If it exists that is...)

Last edited by es156; 04-09-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Moved venue from the thread title.