View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I've come to realise that Cannibal Corpse is EXTREMELY OVERRATED by their fans. The lyrics for all their songs are the same. How many times can you write about murder, necrophilia and eating dead bodies? There's only so many ways you can do that before it gets boring and they reached that by their fourth album. We get it you're trying to be controversial and shocking. The only problem is though they're not at all. What they write about isn't anything I haven't seen in some cheesy horror movie before and that's all their lyrics are is cheesy horror. I've seen them live before and I didn't feel this whole "musical brutality" they're supposed to have all the time. I was paying attention to and trying to give them a chance but I felt nothing at all.
So what if their lyrics are all the same, how many rock/metal songs are about war or social injustice or death or partying or rock n roll, some people are fascinated by gore and the visceral side of nature, let them exploit it explore it and enjoy it, while you can go cry over a song about a war.

"Laying low in a blood filled trench" vs. "Getting blown by a blood sucking wench", its all good