View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
Just because a band's songs all sound the same doesn't mean the band is bad. If the songs are good, then what's the problem?

But I do realize that's not the only reason you don't like them. They bore you- well, I do admit that's subjective. A song that bores one person may not bore another. I cannot see anybody being bored by AC/DC, but whatever
1) It doesn't necessarily mean the band is BAD, but it does mean the band is uncreative and one-dimensional. Not necessarily by lack of skill, maybe just by choice or not caring.

2) This is why I am bored by AC/DC's music: It's more or less just 4 chords over and over and over -and simple power chords at that. In addition to that it's mind-numbingly simple drumming, non-existent bass playing, and in my opinion incredible overrated simple blues-based lead guitar. For someone who has several years of music theory classes behind them and a lot of knowledge of how the intricacies of music work, to listen to what AC/DC does can really just sound like child's play.

That's about the long and the short of it for me. And I'm not a n00b, I've heard several full-length AC/DC albums, I'm not just judging by the 3 or 4 most popular radio hits.