View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Hey man get over it. You are talking as if Mustaine and his band are the only ones to charge $35 for a shirt. Every major band does it. You can say whatever else you want about how much you hate Mustaine, but your argument against the shirt prices isn't fair and isn't valid. As es156 said, comparing prices from 26 years ago to now is just not on.

I'm not blindly disagreeing with you though. I'm doing it with reason. I agree with you on your point that its the people's fault to accept such prices.

Shirt prices should be proportionate to the ticket prices. A $35 shirt at a $100+ Maiden, Metallica or Heaven And Hell show is okay, but not at a $35 Megadeth show.

Mustaine said in a recent interview that they are charging less for the tickets on this tour because he wants people to be able to afford tickets, bring friends along, have a few drinks and have a good time. May be he should consider the merch prices too.

Sorry to say this, but either way, I don't see them selling a Rust In Peace souvenir shirt for 15 bucks any time soon.
That was my point 5 pages ago. Personally I've never seen $35 for a shirt. I saw Maiden on the SBIT Tour and short-sleeved shirts were $30. Heaven and Hell were $30, 2 years ago. I don't live in LA so maybe it's different there but this was the 1st time I ever saw $35, hence my comment. Where does it end? Will shirts be $50 in 2012? $75 for a long-sleeve?

Like I said this was one of my many faults with that evening but it all worked out. I got a free ticket to any show plus got to see Testament and Exodus. I'm happy overall but I'll never pay to see Megadeth again, that's all. You have to stand up for what you believe in and it's great people think $50 (with fees) for a club show is a great deal, it was fair I thought. Not like he was doing us a favor by any means...