View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Actually the thrown water bottle didn't happen to 90 min after Testament ended and after megadeth walked off stage the 1st time and didn't say why. Megadeth did 2 soundchecks and after an hour of no word the people did get restless. I heard one incident when the bass got really loud for 3 seconds and that was it. It was manageable. To send people home and not fix it then was Dave being Dave. People were chanting Dave's a faggot and he got pissed and refused to come back out.

Props to Rams Head for offering people like me who refused to go back the next night a free ticket to any future show. I got to see Exodus and Testament and another show rather than some egomaniac who thinks he's the best musician on the planet.

As far as $35 for a short sleeved shirt, I've never seen that before in my life.
Regaurdless of when the water bottle incident happened, do you really think it's Dave's fault that their were sound issues and they couldn't finish the show? Since when is fixing the soundboard his job? It sounds like they waited as long as they could and the band and the venue did the best they could with the situation. I don't believe that it was Dave's responisibility to adress the crowd as to what was going on. That semms more like a job for one of the roadies or other stage personel that work the show. I love how since Mustaine is an asshole everyone blames him for everything if something goes wrong. Since he's a jackass everything bad that happens involving the band is obviously his fault right? If he was a good guy no one would think this sound issue was his fault at all, but since he's not all the blame get passed to him. Which really isn't fair to him. Sometimes things just happen that are out of your control and I think this is one of those times.

Like I said before Megadeth is not known for walking off stage and not finishing shows. So this to me is just one of those rare ocassions where something odd happened and that's all it is. Don't try to read more into it the situation than what it was.

Also, I don't know what shows you're going to but most major bands do charge $35 a shirt i've seen it numerous times myself.