View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 11:58 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Soulfly -- Kansas City, MO -- March 23rd, 2010

Quite surprised that this show was held at the beautiful AMC Midland Theater (capacity 1201... I looked at sign, didn't just make that # up). If it tells the amount of people there when the show opened, for the first time I actually had to ask if they were letting people in, probably only time I ever had to ask that question.

So the opening band was Rotting Corpse. In all honesty, I knew nothing of them before the show. I was actually quite impressed w/ them. Very 80's thrashy. One of their guitarists was wearing flip flops & had a camoflauge kilt on. That was a first for me to see. Can't really comment on any of their songs because I really knew none of their songs but a very good opening band. They did pretty well since there might have been like 75 people for their set.

Uhh... and the low point of the night... Incite. Thank god for Richie's last name otherwise he wouldn't have these kind of opportunities. That's messed up that Rotting Corpse was a band well before this whole band was even born but I guess that happens. I don't know a setlist. I just sat in the back patiently waiting...

PRONG
Now for my entire reason for going was to see Prong!!!! The kids standing next to me were bumming me out talking about Rockfest and I died a little inside. The bro to my right I overheard a few bands like Shinedown, Chevelle, Lamb Of God, and other generic bands. Shit bums me out. I diegress...While they were setting up I forgot that Tony Campos was touring bassist on this tour which just added to the evening. Got front and center. Pretty sure this set is in order:

For Dear Life
Beg To Differ
Rude Awakening (?)
Cut-Rate
Looking For Them
Another Worldly Device
The Banishment
Who's Fist Is This Anyway?
Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck
Power Of The Damager

Just an amazing set, they played everything that I hoped they could in a 40-45 minute set. Band really looked like they were enjoying their selves. I could really get into Tony touring w/ the band but I'm sure his schedule wouldn't permit. Just absolutely amazing, I think their stuff sounds even more heavy and fast than on their cd's. I could probably go on all night about how great their set was and how great they are but I will stop now.

Soulfly
Obviously after the Prong set I just about wore myself out but was still excited for Soulfly nonetheless. Was lovin the wardrobe Max had goin on. 1st shirt was like regular long sleeve shirt w/ Morbid Angel back patch that was pinned on the front, later on he would change into another shirt only w/ very old school looking Napalm Death back patch on front of shirt. As much as I enjoy Max it really seems like Marc Rizzo is the member of the band that steals the show. He is just amazing it's just sick. Anyway I'm fairly sure this is accurate:

Blood Fire War Hate
Prophecy
Primitive
Seek N Strike
Refuse/Resist
Fire / Mars
Doom
LOTM / Molotov / Drums
Troops Of Doom
Arise Again / Broke Into Raining Blood!!!!!
Wasting Away (Nailbomb)
Frontlines

Encore:
Babylon
Roots
Jumpdafuckup / Eye For An Eye
Outro: Creeping Death

Pretty predictible setlist but still enjoyable. Now last 2 times I got "Troops Of Doom"!!!! Also liked he through in some Nailbomb as well. God please take Jumpdafuckup out of the beggining of Eye For An Eye. Fucking idiots around me went crazy for that. Its not that bad b/c its only like a minute of the song but it's a long minute. Loved how they through did Raining Blood. Crowd went crazy for that. I won't hold it against him but Max seemed a little out of it today. Not sure but he looked like he didn't feel all that good. Oh well, he can't be @ 100% all the time. I'm not mad it was still a great show. And happy birthday for Bobby Burns as well. Glad to finally get Babylon but would love to be able to get Downstroy or Bring It one of these days, hopefully it will happen. Thanks for reading. Next up Clutch in less than a month!!!!

Should have pics up soon. Yell at me if link doesn't work. I usually get link screwed up.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=c72376132e

Last edited by 300%_Density; 03-24-2010 at 12:49 AM.