View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Hmmm, Doesn't seem like we were at the same show at all...

I stood at the back for Exodus, they were good, I have seen better but they at least got the crowd going unlike another band of the night.

From where I was for Testament (which was 4 rows from Rail), the crowd was mostly dead or at least not as into it as they were for Exodus. Granted most the people were singing the words and what not, but the only pit I saw was a few people behind me and it was 10-12 people, hardly anything note worthy. In fact I turned to the guy next to me and he said "If it's gonna be that small they should stop, because they are just gonna bother people."

When Megadeth started up I headed back to the soundboard and the place looked like it was slamming hard. I didn't see a "pit" but just a lot of movement. My friend who was on rail said after Tornado he had to get off the rail because the pain and pressure of everyone surging up was not worth it to be upfront. He said he tried to get back farther in the crowd but the crowd was so packed in that he made it 4-5 rows back then couldn't move.

Honestly, Megadeth stole the show mainly because a) Everyone knew the words b) The Sound was great (minus Dave's Mic and the Cymbals, they were low) and c) It was Rust In Peace, screw "The Legacy".

Overall
Exodus 7/10
Testament 8-8.5/10
Megadeth 9.5/10 (The mix is what hurt them here)

Usually The band isn't in such high spirits, but they were having a good time last night.

Skin 'O My Teeth
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was The Cure
Lucretia
Tornado Of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust In Peace...Polaris