View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
So is necromance done with now?
Yeah, pretty much. I'll explain:

Well, back in October shit really exploded with our previous drummer. It wasn't simply a split, he totally flipped out and it was this huge clash of ideals - but basically he really slammed me and my sister - saying basically all our ideas about how we were going about what we were doing was wrong - he really thought he had all the answers. After that, the remaining three of us just decided to take a break. But then we found out about a month ago that our bassist had decided to not only keep in contact with our ex-drummer but actually join his band. We were pretty pissed and it really reaffirmed a long run of doubts, second thoughts, and tension with him - so we basically told him we didn't want to work with him anymore. So then there were two...

We've dealt with a lot of issues over time with a negative legacy following our name around. Admittedly early on we made a lot of mistakes - playing live well before we were ready, displaying a lot of musical and personal unprofessionalism. And apparently we've made a lot of enemies, completely without wanting too. So we kinda want to drop the name for that reason, as well as the fact that sadly our name has kinda come to represent five years of failed pushes and not really getting anywhere. We just want a fresh start, and completely laying to rest our name (as well as the majority of the songs we've written for it) is really the only way to do that.
As for what's next - I don't know. I'm going to try to put something together, just not sure how I'm going to go about. Basically, I'm done with playing live in the sense that we have - it's a waste of time. It's not worth it to go through the effort to find musicians, rehearse like hell, haul all the gear around and deal with all the booking issues to play to 50 mildly interested people. our area has absolutely no live music scene on the local level, we're never going to get anywhere unless we become a lame old-people cover band. So basically whatever I do, I just want to write the music I want to make, and record it in the studio, and probably put together a quality demo and see what kind of attention I might be able to attract with it. Eventually maybe get back into shows again, but really I just want to take a HUGE break from all the bullshit and get back into enjoying playing and writing music again.