View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Bruised, hoarse, tired, sweaty, pained, and I had way more fun than you

Skeletonwitch -- Hartford, CT -- February 20th, 2010

What you need to know about the Hartford show? Skeletonwitch maims and destroys. Alright, now most of you can just skip on to the setlists. For those that care about the rest…

I got there in time for the openers, because I’m of the opinion that if a band makes the effort to show up & play, even if they’re a tiny little nameless group, you should show your support. This is one of those times I regretted it. Starvation the local opener, and let’s just say they need some work. The single air-fighter didn’t help, either.

Fortunately, the night got better & better. Howl was okay if a bit repetitive. Apparently lots of one band member’s family & friends were there so it made it more fun. I also rather liked Iron Age. Nice & thrashy though again, a bit repetitive.

Doomrider’s setlist blatantly yanked from ADD. I only know a bit of their recent album, but the previous list seemed to hold true. Though they aren’t exactly my cup of tea music wise, they were pleasant enough to listen to and I thought they put on a decent show.

Heavy Lies The Crown
Come Alive
Bear Witness
Mercy
Lions
The Equalizer
The Chase
Fuck This Shit
Deathbox
Black Thunder
Jealous God

Then holy shit Skeletonwitch came on. They’re even better doing a full set than they are as openers. Chance is a great frontman, always including the crowd and throwing himself around, and I spent the show roughly 2 feet away from Scott and Evan. This caused some serious joygasming during Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod, and I got to share the mic with Chance at one point. Underground shows rock.

Setlist order not 100% guaranteed. I remembered what was late, and what was early, but not what exactly happened.

Submit to the Suffering
Upon Wings of Black
Despoiler of Human Life
Crushed Beyond Dust
Vengeance Will Be Mine
Fire From the Sky?
Limb From Limb
Repulsive Salvation
Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod
Where The Light Has Failed
Remains of the Defeated
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Beyond the Permafrost
Strangled by Unseen Hands
Blinding Black Rage
Within My Blood

It should also be noted that every single musician on this tour (except for Nate, who I never saw… he may have been around) was incredibly gracious to their fans. Chance, Scott, and Evan hung around for a while chatting with some of us, and I saw the guys from all of the other bands wandering around the bar, crowd, or by the merch table throughout the night. Every single one of them was nice no matter who they were speaking to, and kept thanking people for coming out.