View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
re: Cynic - Their music does not lend itself to somersaults, jumping around, screaming, throwing up devil horns, or whatever else you may have been expecting. It's about one thing: emotion (and not violent emotions like anger, but introspective reflection, living in the moment and letting your mind become one with the music). It's also about skills, which Cynic showed in spades when I saw them. Having said all this, they did not make my "Best Shows" or "Best Performances" lists this year, because I saw others that were better / more interesting, but they didn't make my "worst" list either (I actually didn't make one, but that's neither here nor there), because I see no reason to hate on them and disrespect their style or skill because they weren't calling for circle pits or trying to get their fans to beat the hell out of each other.

re: Unearth - so you are hating on a band's performance because of their fans? This is really unfair, dude. Say you didn't have a good time at during their set because of the fans if you want (I said the same thing about Winds of Plague, for example), but when you put them on a list like this it just makes it look like you're saying that they suck live (which I don't think is really what you're trying to say).

Well going into this i wasn't expecting anything from Cynic. I just thought that if they are on tour supporting a bad that goes all out on stage and moves around and gets the crowd worked up, then they could have at least moved around even a little bit. They may be all of what you say they are on the album, but not live. This list is for worst performances, and i feel like they barely tried to put on a performance.

As for Unearth, yeah i guess i am being unfair, but at the same time, their music did nothing for me. They were one of those breakdown metalcore bands and i don't really like that kind of music. But yeah the fans did play a huge part of why i didn't like the performance but oh well.