View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Unearth. It was my third time seeing them, so I knew what to expect. And to make matters worse, I was smack dab right in front of their douchey guitarist. I knew I was going to get beer spit on me, have him thrust his crotch in my face and whatnot. But you know what I did? I remembered what Nat said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi
You won't believe what I found in my sock last night! Go ahead, guess!
Erm, well, maybe I don't remember exactly what he said, but because of him, I decided to headbang and play along with Unearth for the sake of maybe he wouldn't do shit to me. And you know what?

It was great.

I know, I'll change my user title to "fucking hypocrite" after I write this, but they were SO much better than the two times I saw them before. In fact, the guitarist was one of the best parts! He faked our giving me a pick a couple times before he finally gave me one. I got another one and gave it to this kid behind me who was going nuts. Unearth was actually...*gulp*...good. I had a great time. I dunno if I'd pay money to see them headline just yet, but they might be getting there. 7.5/10
For the record, I never asked you to guess anything about my socks. What I put in there is my business, and I'm not about to discuss it with anybody. Let's just say that there is a certain famous photo of the Red Hot Chili Peppers that was based on an idea that they stole from me - fucking bastards.

As far as Unearth - I know, right? I mean, I dislike metalcore just about as much as any self-respecting "tr00" metalhead is supposed to, but you really can't deny that they have some pretty good riffs and shit. When they aren't breaking shit down left and right (which they basically never do), they are pretty damned acceptable as far as metal goes. That's all I've ever wanted you to realize about them - the bad parts are admittedly kinda bad, but they are really pretty few and far between. On the other hand, the good parts are really good. Some damned catchy, heavy-ass shit - that what I hear for the most part. Good solos, good riffs, high energy - what could be so wrong with that?

My job here is done.