View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
Nat you hit the nail right on the head. Especially on Converge that band might have one of the biggest split opinions in all of metal.

As someone who has seen Mastodon live 3 times i will say they are great live when Brent Hinds isnt drunk. The only thing thats bad about Mastodon's live show is their stage presence which they have none of.
I would disagree with this to a degree. They don't have a frontman who is vocals only bouncing around the stage doing cartwheels like Converge, but I would still say they have some stage presence. Troy looks like he's either trying to scare the shit out of some little kid or making an o-face the whole time he plays / sings, and Brent emotes pretty well when he sings, too. Brann is pretty stoic, but in my mind a drummer who is as skilled as he is comes off as even better when he makes it look like it ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby. I enjoy watching these cats live - I think their stage presence is way better than many lame acts I've seen (and I've seen a bunch!).

Again, just my

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
Oh no! I have different opinion so I'm automatically a homosexual and I deserve to have my rights stripped from me!
bt11763 is the only one who said that - I don't think it and I doubt anybody else who has posted does, either. Consider the source - he's a n00b, and probably pretty young since he doesn't even post his age. Ignore.

But still, you ripped (albeit gently, I suppose) on some bands a lot of people on here like, so you had to expect at least some flak.