View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
brotuhl

Dethklok -- New York, NY -- October 29th, 2009

This had to be the best time I've ever seen Mastodon. High on Fire were great, I missed a couple of their songs, so I didn;t bother posting their set. Converge I could not care any less about, so, I don't know any of their set. Mastodon, however, were absolutely incredible. I'm pissed the played the Emerald in Boston and not here; I needed to hear that, but oh well...... The set, as all the others pages have had, was as follows:

Oblivion
Divinations
Quintessence
The Czar
Ghost of Karelia
Crack The Skye
The Last Baron
---------------
Circle of Cysquatch
Aqua Dementia
Where Strides The Behemoth
Mother Puncher
The Bit (Melvins cover)

Over all, it was really cool seeing Crack the Sky live. I agree that it would be weird to hear just a couple songs from that album. I can't just listen to one at a time, I have to hear the entire album if I start it, so it was really cool to see it live. During the last song, some guy dressed up as a Yeti and started running around the stage. It was definitely one of the most memorable performances I've seen this year.

Dethklok were on last. They were a real surprise. I've been a fan of the show for a while, but Brendon Small and the rest of the people on the stage are much more talented than they show. Everything they played matched up perfectly with the screen behind them. Not one problem with their set. I would have loved to hear Go Forth and Die from the first album, or even Cyborg Slayers from the most recent, but, it did not disappoint, nonetheless. Dethklok's set was as follows:

Detheme
Bloodlines
Burn The Earth
Hatredcopter
Black Fire Upon Us
Birthday Dethday
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Dethsupport
Awaken
The Gears
Murmaider
Thunderhorse