View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
N00B

I saw them at Mayhem tour last year and when they opened for Metallica earlier this year, and both times they opened with Clenching. So maybe that's why I wanted a different opener. An 18 song set for Machine Head is pretty long considering a lot of the songs you picked are like 7 minutes or more. I do love the set though, if they ever had that much time, that would be great. I don't think they are gonna have a headlining tour because I think theyre making a new album soon, or at least starting to write one. It's a shame they never had a headline tour for The Blackening. In my opinion that is one of the greatest metal albums of all time, and Machine Head is one of the greatest metal bands of all time. They are so underappreciated. I wish Supercharger and The Burning Red were better because those two albums almost made them fold as a band (literally watch the documentary on the live DVD, awesome documentary). They are one of James Hetfield's favorite bands and even he thinks The Blackening is one of the best albums in awhile. It really pisses me off that Mastodon and Dragonforce had spots on the main stage at Mayhem 08 and Machine Head didn't. I mean come on really????