View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
I went to Mayhem tour in 2008 and 2009. Mastodon played a lot of their heavy stuff, and since Dragonforce isn't that heavy, they didn't have much people watching them and a lot of people were laughing at them because of their cheesy music
Well if people were laughing at Dragonforce that's truely ashame they're a throwback to old school metal who have great musicianship and a singer who actually sings with melody who you can understand unlike half the garbage in metal that's out there right now. That's why I took a liking to Dragonforce becasue they reminded me of one of the metal sounds that got me into it back in late 80's early 90's and it was refreshing for me to hear a band doing that in today's metal scene.

I went to Mayhem in 2008 and I missed Dragonforce because I wanted to see Machine Head and they were playing the second stage at the same time. Which is just shitty booking on the festival arrangers part. When I got into the mian aphlitheater Dragonforce was playing Through The Fire and Flames and it was the last song. I was kinda upset at that cause I did wanna see them it was just poor booking and they could chop a few bands off the bill every year so people have a better chance to see the bands they want if you ask me.