View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Headbanger

Shadows Fall -- Baltimore, MD -- October 9th, 2009

I was really looking forward to this show. The promoter called and told us to get there early and party with the bands so I was psyched. Ironically the 1st person I met was the singer of FFDP and he seemed cool but almost like a Phil Anselmo wanna-be. Everyone else was totally cool and seemed really happy to be there. The guys at the merch tables were telling us some cool tour stories and how incredible the opening band 2cents were. I wanted to get a good spot upstairs for them so we got our VIP bracelets and headed up. My boy gave me an extra one so I made a few phone calls and my girl Sue to come out.

Let me tell ya, 2cents killed it. I've never seen a stage set up like that in my life. The drummer sings and has his kit "incubus" style at the front of the stage. Dude is a monster! Every song kicked ass and the Dimebag Tribute was epic! 2nd best band of the night.

Next up was Otep and they opened with Confrontation and it was brutal. Their best song of the night and the one that's blocked on the setlist pic. I had to go grab Sue and get her in so I missed the next song but got back up for Smash the Control Machine and everything else. They sounded great but only 6 songs including the cover was kinda lame. I was told later by the guitarist that FFDP were fucking them so they could play more stuff off their new cd including that horrific cover of Bad Company. Uuugghhhh!

I tried to get backstage and catch Otep but she was already on the bus. I ran into the guys from 2cents and we partied back in the green room until Shadows came on. Free beer always tastes incredible, doesn't it? Those guys are totally cool and I'm glad I caught their set and met them.

Next up was Shadows Fall and they absolutely killed it. I almost shat myself when I saw how different the setlist was and nothing off Threads at all? WOW! I had Sue get video of My Demise because I was already buzzed from guzzling 4 beers in 10 minutes amongst other things and didn't think I'd remember. I'll post a link when she sends it to me. Destroyer of Senses set me off. Incredible song live. They wrapped it up with The Light That Blinds and we headed down to hang with them. Brian told me he was going to watch the show from the merch booth and to meet him over there.

The guys from 2cents joined us and we were talking about all the incredible cd's released in 2009. I told Brian their cd is Top 5 for me so far and he said they're coming back and doing a headlining tour so that was cool to hear. A couple of songs in I told him what a fucking travesty it is they Shadow's is opening for this band and he agreed. I heard later that he and the singer of FFDP had a brawl backstage afterwards regarding how FFDP and their people treat the other bands and other BS. I'm hoping Brian clocked that fool. I didn't get the FFDP setlist and honestly didn't want it. When they broke into the Bad Company cover Brian and I started cracking up and mocking them. I was doing Phil Anselmo and Brian was doing Paul Rodgers and we sounded just like him. hahaha

Overall a fun night but it would have been EPIC if Shadows headlined. Here are a few more pics. I'll post video when I get it.

With Sue and Five... Five Finger... Five Finger Douche Baaaaaag!