View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Yeah, but I think thanks to that five album streak, and their ferocity live, they will always be worth a watch on any given tour. And their given others bands a big chance to shine, bringin them on the rise to do stadiums one day

Mastodon 2020 in Madison Square Garden??
Eh, the ferocity is debatable. I'm not saying you're totally wrong, they're a good live band in terms of energy and all, but when I go to a show, it's really for the WHOLE package, and Metallica only truly deliver in energy.

And EXACTLY proving my next point, what you said about the five album streak being a top reason why you will always see them, they are a nostalgia band now, or at least really damn close. Sure, Death Magnetic is cool and all (granted it got old really quick), who the hell is going to see Metallica for their new stuff? Nobody. And I would forgive that if they could competently play their old stuff and sounds respectable, but shit like you mentioned bout Kirk's solo and James' awful singing (which I've seen/heard both)....it's just unprofessional and ,for me, unforgivable. You can have your opinion though, I'm just using your statements as a spring for my own

To PowerMaiden: