View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I look at these sets, and I think this set is pretty awesome, but it just sticks in my head that we're not hearing the real Ride The Lightning or Blackened, etc. We're hearing the new Metallica play it, which is such an embarrassment compared to the legacy that surrounds the first five. Idk, maybe it's just me, but it's like nothing they do would matter, even if they fucking played nothing but oldies. Maybe I'm going a bit extreme, but my point is understood.
I getcha.. To be honest when I saw them in Dublin in August it was awesome, we got one of the best setlists Ive since Death Magnetic came out, but Kirk forgot the tapping solo in One, and James voice was all over the shop, they did Blackened and Fight Fire with Fire, and it was like watching the best cover band we'll ever see. They're not the same band since Load and Reload when they had the image overhaul. Which is a crying shame, but at least they've not yet completely gone up their own asses, they're still bringing out good line ups, and playing for two hours a night, even if their setlists can be very questionable.