View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Headbanger

Divine Heresy - Bringer of Plagues

With all the talk of Fear Factory reuniting I wanted to throw my review of the new Divine Heresy cd out there. It's definitely in my Top 15 for 2009 so far and could go higher with a few more listens.

The 1st song Facebreaker kills. It's a perfect mix of everything the band can be. New Singer Travis Neal (Threat Signal) delivers on this track and the drumming of Tim Yeung is incredible. Probably the best song on the cd.

A few songs in you realize this cd is all about insane drumming and blistering riffs from Dino Cazares. If you're a fan of drum and guitar mixes you'll love this cd. Some of the drums are so machine gun-like you almost think it's a drum machine. There are tons of fill patterns with crazy kick and tom beats that are tied to the guitar riffs. Wild stuff.

Unfortunately some of the songs tend to sound alike and new singer Travis Neal isn't quite the beast Tommy Vext is on Bleed The Fifth. The one slow song where Neal has a chance to shine, Darkness Embedded just didn't grab me but others might like it.

The standout tracks are Facebreaker, The Ballad of J Casey, Bringer of Plagues, Monilithic Doomsday Devices, Enemy = Kill and the epic last song The End Begins.

I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10 and possibly a 9 if it continues to grow on me. That being said... BRING BACK FEAR FACTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!