View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 AM
N00B

Doors opened at 7:00pm. There was a local band opening the show but we didn't see them.

Skeletonwitch came on around 8:15 and played until 8:45. This was my second time seeing them and they didn't disappoint. Here is their setlist:

<Unknown song> (I had written down "Take Me Under" which I thought I heard in the lyrics, but after searching Google I wasn't able to match this to any of their songs)
Fire From the Sky
Crushed Beyond Dust
Upon Wings of Black
Beyond the Permafrost
Submit to the Suffering
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Despoiler of Human Life (I think)
Within My Blood

Black Dahlia Murder was OK but I was bored during their set. The rest of the crowd seemed really into them though. I'm not sure what time their set started, but they finished around 9:35.

Bodom was excellent. Not much else to say really. They came on around 10:10 and finished at 11:35.

Also, there were a lot of kids at this show. I'm only 25 but it seems like every person I talked to in the pit was age 14-16. I also talked to a couple parents in the bar area that had brought their kids to the show. It's a good thing for metal music I guess, but I'm not sure what it is about Bodom that brings out the kids.