View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I really, really hate Tool.

Too bad. They are extremely talented musicians. Danny Carey is widely recognized as one of the best drummers alive, for example. But, to each his own, I guess. Taste differs from person to person, but I don't consider myself to be particularly easy to please, and I think they are close to being musical geniuses (collectively). Who the fuck else can construct such intricate songs with time signatures shifting all over the place; deep, meaningful lyrics and all the while make it sound so smooth and unified, yet so heavy-hitting at the same time? If you can tell me who, I'm listening...

Thought not.

They may have some douchey fans, but hey - what band of their stature doesn't? This means nothing to me.

It's their music that I love - as well as their intelligence and talent. I'm sticking with Tool, and I'm sticking with Cobalt. They are two different bands, but they can both channel their anger about the things they find wrong with this world in such an interesting way that they will have a fan in me for good - regardless of what anybody else says.

I'm done.