Thread: JP4?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I think it's a long shot, at best. Definitely not this year.

Wikipedia has a good article on the franchise at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Park_(franchise) - here is an excerpt:

In December 2008, Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy were asked if there was any development on the sequel. Marshall responded, "No... I don't know. You know, when Michael Crichton passed away, I sorta felt maybe that's it. Maybe that's a sign that we don't mess with it." While Marshall and Kennedy were no longer signed with Universal Pictures in a production capacity, the two will remain involved with the studio and its plans for Jurassic Park IV.

In June 2009, in an interview with IGN, producer Frank Marshall talked about the prospect of Jurassic Park IV. When asked if Land of the Lost affected production of JP4, he said, "No no, I think Land of the Lost, it was a comedy. We just have to see if they can come up with a story [for JPIV]. We don't have a story." In another interview with io9, he was asked privately for any other information on the fourth film. Frank Marshall said once again that it was a "back burner project" and said "at this point, you could call it a long shot".