View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 04:32 AM
N00B

iffy subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurleyQLink View Post
Great review- saw them in Atlantic City on 9/5- amazing set. One thing I have to respond to though in your review. I'm 43, been going to concerts for almost 30 years. I'd guess that about 80% of the crowd was with in the 30-50 age range and was as loud as any crowd I've been a part of. My friend and I were on the floor for this show, back by the soundboard and away from any pits. When the band kicked into Ace of Spades, some boneheads started a pit and kept slamming into us. I spent most of Ace trying to shield myself and the woman I was with from being hurt. If that's what you're into, have a ball but don't interfere with my enjoyment by slamming into me. It's not your job to change what you perceive to be "dull" crowd to "epic". Your role is to have as much fun as humanly possible without interfering with the rights of others to do the same.
My approach to this is simple. If your on the floor you take that risk no matter what. Whether your far back, close to the front etc, if your on the floor, its fair game for movement. Personally when i pit its at the front, and just imo the front should always be the most live, in which case in Detroit at that point when i started a pit there was no live movement at all (not even full tilt head banging). There was a few, but i felt nobody was "Rocking out with there cocks out" if you know what i mean. Can't let the guys on stage do everything, the crowd has to give something back. Plus if someone slams into you constantly, just move, thats the great thing about the floor. But thats just my opinion.