View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
You honestly think most people believe St. Anger to be superior to everything Sabbat has done?
In truth? No. I was just trying to be succinct, with a side of sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
And for me, it's more like:
Kill Em All/Ride the Lightning> All Sabbat (minus their last album)>Show No Mercy> Master of Puppets>Hell Awaits-Seasons> Justice> Everything else Slayer/Metallica have done
I actually agree with some of what you have in there (for example, the best of the Metallica and Slayer albums being the oldest), but I don't seem to remember liking Sabbat as much as you seem to. They were never bad, and in fact I've argued with my brother just recently (who was born in 1974 / I was born in 1971) that Sabbat was actually one of the better "lesser known" thrash bands of the late 80's. I just never actually compared them to Slayer (because of course they were the pinnacle of thrash back in those days), and in truth Sabbat's greatness has faded from my memory because they themselves had faded away as a band for so long.

I am listening right now on last.fm to "History of a Time to Come" (which I used to own on cassette - remember those?), and it's actually pretty good. Ah, the old days.