Snakes for the Devine
Tiamat
Rumours/DIII [sic]
Mystery of Helm
FFP (Fire/Fear ___ Pain?)
Zion
(Firespitter - crossed out)
Devilution

Straight from the set list and accurate.
Even though the August "California Tour" missed the heart of the state, they happened to be almost exactly half way between home and where we left from this afternoon...

I was a little disappointed with the first new song they pulled out, but Snakes for the Devine delivered (Supernaut anyone?). FFP had me hooked halfway through with a chorus of a riff alone, anchored by the hard hitting yet groovy bass of Jeff Matz. I was really happy to see that he has become part of the band in the last few months, contributing more to the writing process and carrying more than his share of the weight live. Don't expect anything groundbreaking from the upcoming record, but I guarantee you'll get a hand full of headbanging tunes.

On top of it all, I was stoked to hear Eyes and Teeth and Blood From Zion for the first time live. If you're not happy for me yet, leave now, because you probably won't care that I came home to a black copy of the Crystal Skull 7" (never sold, limited to 100), and a new Baroness song.

Last edited by TonyD; 08-09-2009 at 04:27 PM.