View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Devildriver -- St. Petersburg, FL -- August 5th, 2009

Well as you all know the line up BLOWS! That's a given, so if you are reading this expecting anyother set than Devildrivers you are S.O.L. Honestly, just listen to one song, from anyband, just one... And it's the same song for 6-7 Hours. There, you know the set of everyone else

Anywho.... We got there around 4ish and we heard from friends who had already gone in and left (21+ had that option) said all the bands blew...BLEW BLEW BLEW! And I already knew that, so we shot the shit for about an hour, and finally they say "Hey guys, we're gonna go back and hang with Dez, see you later." These guys are personal friends of Dez and the older gentalman owns a nice resturant and gave Dez 4 Nice bottles of wine and a lot of good weed (so he says haha). So we toyed with the idea of going in around 5ish, knowing Devildriver doesn't go on till 10, so we said "Fuck it... Lets go to the movies." So we did, and saw Bruno, decent movie if you liked Borat, but besides that... We got out 30 minutes till 10, and headed back to the venue.

We sat through the last bands 2 songs, well it might have been one... Sounded sooo familiar... After them, ALL THE HARDCORE AND SCENE KIDS LEFT! Like 100% Gone!!! We just got there, and we were on the barricade... That's SAD! But fuck them, if they don't want some "good" stuff, they can go to that Hot Topic Closing Time Sale... More Metal For Me Devildriver even went on to play TWO Encores when I don't think they had all tour. After the 1st one, appartently the sound man said to stop and Dez said "Stop? Are you gonna fine me? Huh? Are you mother fucker?! Are you gonna fine, ME?! Are 'These Fighting Words'?!"

Devildriver:
1. End of The Line
2. The Mountain
3. Not All Who Wander All Lost
4. Pray For Villains
5. I've Been Sober
6. Nothing's Wrong
7. I Could Care Less
8. Clouds Over California
9. Die (And Die Now)
10. Back with a Vengence
11. Before the Hangman's Noose
12. Meet The Wretched
-----Encore----- (Not Suppose To Happen)
13. I Dreamed I Died
14. These Fighting Words

Btw, if you were wondering, Shirts were $20, but Devildriver is mostly out of ALL Sizes. Certian Shirts are only in XL and XXL, others in just Small.

Also, I found out 1st hand about a Certain METAL tour that will be returning next year... In Full Touring Mode... It's been gone from touring since 2007, so next year, we get it back. I know two confirmed bands