View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Cannibal Corpse -- Rochester, NY -- August 3rd, 2009

Venue: Water Street Music Hall
Openers: God Forbid, The Black Dahlia Murder, Behemoth

Since there was no Mayhem Fest coming to the Buffalo area this year, I was fucking ecstatic when I found out about this off-date. Originally booked as a Behemoth headline show, I was even more stoked upon discovering that Cannibal Corpse would now headline the bill. The death-heads arrived in droves for this show and the club was definitely close to capacity. God Forbid was first up and although they're not my style, the vocalist's threat of skull fucking the entire audience fit very well at a death metal show. Next was The Black Dahlia Murder, a band that I loathe. There were the typical slam dancing/hardcore "pits" going on, so I'll leave it at that. I believe they even played a shorter set than God Forbid.

Next up was the first band that the majority of the audience wanted to see, including myself; Behemoth. This was apparent not only by the volume of the screams but by the intensity of the pits. People were getting annihilated left and right and while there were a few pits here and there during the first two bands, Behemoth's set was accompanied by constant, non-stop thrashing. They unleashed pure black metal DEATH upon all who attended and the fans were fucking grateful. And the tone of their bass? Fucking evil

And then it was on. Cannibal Corpse stepped out onto the stage with no intro and the lights didn't even dim.... a testament to their dedication to the music and their no-bullshit/no-frills style. From the beginning to Evisceration Plague to the end of Stripped, Raped and Strangled it was nothing but absolute debauchery. The pits became enormous and were so frenzied that one wonders how anyone left without bleeding. Before the night was over, though, MANY were bleeding including one dude up front bleeding profusely from a large gash at the top of his forehead. I witnessed a completely female pit during part of Fucked With a Knife, and ohhh what a brutal pit it was. One girl with a set of D's insisted on wearing nothing but a black bra on top for the duration of Cannibal's set, though..... and obviously, she was getting groped beyond comprehension. Fucked With a Knife was, as always, dedicated to the ladies in the audience, while Priests of Sodom was dedicated to the sluts in the audience..... ahh, good old George. There was a wall of death (a REAL wall of death) during Pit of Zombies and when the show finally ended after 20 songs of bludgeoning death, everyone was nothing but satisfied after witnessing a show THAT metal. Long live Cannibal Corpse..... their setlist was fucking amazing! I've ranted long enough, so here are the setlists:

Behemoth:
-Slaves Shall Serve
-At The Left Hand Ov God
-Prometherion
-Demigod
-Conquer All
-Ov Fire And The Void
-Decade Ov Therion
-As Above So Below
-Chant For Ezkaton 2000

Cannibal Corpse:
-Evisceration Plague