View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
You greatly underestimate the number of people who go to Metallica shows only knowing Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters.
Not in America. I'm starting to think NEM is a James ego thing. Why the fukk else would they play it every single night? The song blows. Period. Bleeding Me is epic in comparison and they never play that. And I agree.. Creeping Death is as much of a staple as ANY Metallica song. I've been with Metallica since the No life Til Leather tape was given to me by a friend and I'm deathly tired of Seek & Destroy. Add in the mind-numbing 10 minute sing along and I'm out the damn door early every time. The DIE DIE DIE chant during Creeping Death is way cooler and will never get old to me.

As far as Suicide and Redemption goes, I love that main riff. I have a few shows downloaded and they have been playing it as an intro into Kirk's solo a few times. Personally I'd love to hear a 6 or 7 minute medley of Ktulu, Orion and S&R. They used to do it with To live is to die but that is my least favorite of the instrumentals.

Someday we'll get Frayed Ends of Sanity and Disposable Heroes in the same night. That would be a masterful combination along with Metal Militia, No Remorse or Phantom Lord.