View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The way I look at it is this. There's always a cool alpha male jock in every highschool. Whatever he likes will be seen as edgy and the thing to listen to. This band can quickly become hated once that band does something that pisses this jock off, say...Fred Durst running his mouth about fucking both Christina and Britney, and them later refuting that he's full of shit. The jock's sudden dislike of the band causes the popularity to nose dive hence the "Yea Limp Bizkit used to be cool, but now they suck."

But when that "once-hated" band reunites, of course the PR scumbags are gonna be all like "hey, they're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkk!" And because that asshole jock isn't around, but that bands music is linked so well to you because you were a fucking follower, you'll be all like "Who cares if Fred is full of shit, Limp Bizkit rawwwwwwwkkkkksss!"
I don't know if any of this is remotely close to fact.

I got into blink-182 when Enema of the State came out. I believe I was 11. I got back into them when I was 17, and really appreciate that they made pop-punk that didn't suck.