View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
They have a hard on for it because 70% of the people that go to see them love that song, not to mention that that song and Enter Sandman are their biggest songs ever in terms of mainstream popularity. Why wouldn't they play those songs? I'd understand if you'd seen Metallica a bunch of times already and have heard those songs every time, but for people who are seeing them for the first time (like me in October in Toronto), they'd probably like to hear those songs. I'm actually looking forward to hearing NEM and singing along to it since i've never had the experience of doing it. I can understand people's frustration with any band when it comes to playing the big radio singles, but it's just the way it goes on tours.
I have no problem with them doing Sandman at all I understand that but i've seen Metallica live 5 times already(it will be 6 this november) and NEM gets an OK reaction live but it's nowhere near the reaction that songs like Fade, Sanitarium and the Unforgiven get. These songs are being left out of the set in favor of NEM? As far as NEM being their second most well known song i hardly hear it a lot on my local radio anymore. I hear them play Sandman, One, Master, Unforgiven, Sad and Roam way more often. I've always considered One their second most well known song. So when people bring up about NEM being their second most famous song i really have no idea where they're getting that from. It has nothing to do with NEM being a big radio single for me it has to do with it being a plain crappy and boring song.