View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I haven't quite got a complete full listen yet but I completely agree that it seems to be going more towards the blues side which I'm completely great w/. After last album I went and listened to 5 Horse Johnson and that absolutely blew me away. I don't think it necessarily has any stand out tracks like Blast Tyrant or Beale Street... did but still damn fine. A few tracks that standout to me is "Motherless Child" "The Amazing Kreskin" & "Struck Down". They stood out to me initially but still I'll be giving it several listens. Yet again I can't say enough about how amazing the packaging is. That's generally an after thought to most cd's but this one stands out. Also curious about the opinions on that as well.
Still haven't seen it but Clutch were FURIOUS about the packaging on the last one - apparently they had a cool digipak planned but DRT released it in a jewel case. That was the main reason why they're doing their records on their own label from now on, they were really pissed off at all the labels they've worked with.

And I think the highlight is "Abraham Lincoln" personally.