View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I like Slipknot a shit ton but they're still playing songs I've seen 7 times live. Why they're not playing Gematria and All hope is gone live makes zero sense. Both songs are heavy as fuck and people want to hear them live.
You're not alone on that one. I've been wondering the same thing since AHIG came out last summer. I thought for sure they would open the shows with Gematria but for some reason they got a hard on for the first album since this is the ten year anniversary of it and filled the set up with stuff from that. I like the first album just fine but AHIG has some better songs than the first one.

At least when Disturbed and Slipknot were on it last year they booked the two most popular metal bands in america you could besides Metallica. It really drew a ton of people to the show. Slayer's fans are some of the most dedicated in the world so they'll have no problem getting people to come. I just didn't think Manson had that much drawing power anymore to headline the whole event. Plus Manson headlining over Slayer is just wrong. Isn't there a unwritten heavy metal law somewhere that can prevent that from happening?