View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Some of the Bomber stuff was monotonous, but I wholeheartedly disagree for Ace and Overkill, even if there is filler. I mean for christ sake, those albums invented thrash metal! (with a little help from Venom and Priest of course, but still)

I don't mind them dropping Ace Of Spades or Overkill (but not both) so long as they replace either song with the song Motorhead.
I really quite dislike all three albums (I have all of them). Every album with Phil (Campbell) is better. Even Overnight Sensation. After Another Perfect Day they decided to stop writing the same song over and over again and try few different things. Yes, things like We Are Motorhead are carbon copies of Ace of Spades, but they stopped making twelve carbon copies per album, and that to me suggests genuine evolution. Those three 'classic' albums are boring as fuck.

OK, yes, some of those tracks were the first ones, and the others are copies, but that doesn't mean you have to play the same ones over and over.

I say drop them all. And everyone who doesn't like it isn't a proper Motorhead fan and can fuck off. Go listen to your record-label-dictated 'Best of' CD.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd