View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:39 AM
welp

Crap this reminds me I forgot to do the setlist for the Ocean City show lol. Same setlist. I had a feeling they would put in Stone Cold for the U.S. crowd. That sucks about Lazarus though. My friends saw them opening for Symphony X here on LI and they said that they were awesome. And goddamn, Rondinelli's a beast. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about at my show was

1. Ocean City is lame lol. Small place, seats, and a pretty lame crowd for the most part (but the place is on a family-oriented boardwalk...). As far as I knew I was the only person of my age that was actually into the music and constantly headbanging and singing. The place did have great sound though, especially when I heard a bit of the soundcheck from outside. It almost sounded like a studio recording. I guess that also shows how professional the band is.

2. Something about Stargazer just didn't really hit me as much as I thought it would, considering it's probably my favorite Rainbow song. Probably the mix of the lame crowd and the fact that Joe Lynn's voice just really isn't fit for that song.

Overall, great performance by the band, though I would much rather see them in a better setting, like at the Stone Pony tonight.