View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

I guess I'd have to say the Upstairs at the Palladium in Worcester, MA. The downstairs stage, which holds around 2000 people total, is usually plagued with sound problems. It's not always TERRIBLE (Had nothing to complain about at At the Gates last year), but there's almost always something wrong atleast during the openers. The upstairs, however, is a small intimate stage which everyone I've talked to agrees has better sound than the downstairs stage.

Lupo's in Providence, RI is another favorite. I've only seen two shows there (Opeth/Dark Tranquillity, and then Gojira opening for Lamb of God), but both times the sound was actually really good. Especially for Opeth and Dark Tranquillity - it's a WORLD of difference between Lupo's and The Palladium's downstairs stage as far as sound goes, but Lupo's doesn't often book metal bands.

Really don't have a favorite outdoor or arena venues, they're all more or less the same around here. Do love myself some Tweeter Center (now the Comcast Center) in Mansfield, MA, though, but that's only cause my mom's friend can walk me up to the lawn for free for some shows...