Thread: Cobalt -- Gin
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Time for a bump. This album is just plain awesome, and needs to get more attention (IMHO).

This is going to end up being in my top ten for the year - I can just feel it on my bones. Crikey, is this album good. These guys are so intense, it just makes me smile from ear to ear every time I listen to this album. The references ADD made to the Tool influence are spot-on...it's more of a feel thing than an outright stealing of riffs or methodologies or the like. I mean, the drumming is obviously very close to listening to a Tool album, but there are lots of other subtle nuances here as well. The songwriting is fantastic. How these two guys manage to communicate their ideas to each other so well over so many miles is just amazing. I mean, I know we live in the information age, but still. Damn! I can't wait to see these guys live, if such a thing could ever materialize. I just feel bad for the people who are standing next to me at the time - somebody might get an inadvertent elbow thrown at them, or an accidental head-butt or something. I just might lose my f-ing mind.

But seriously, though. These guys are so good. This album rocks. You need to hear it. Period.

Nat (again)