View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Souls of Black was not a terrible album, it just was not as good as their others. In my opinion, Testament never released a bad record, but if you want to go so far as to say that they tried to reach commerciality, it would be MUCH better for you to have said "The Ritual". And Souls of Black is indeed a Testament classic, its a good song and its great live, so I really can't understand the level of ignorance that you are showing, unless you enjoy showcasing your opinion as fact.

And what's wrong with Fear of the Dark? Sorta crappy album, but the song is awesome. And before you start, no it is not one of my favorite Maiden songs.
Good point. The Ritual was an extension of Souls of Black to me. They lost their edge and lost a huge part of their fan base in the process. Sure they gained a few soccer moms with Return to Serenity but the damage they did at that point is a main reason there were only 300 people at the show last night.

If I wasn't passionate about this I wouldn't care. It sucked to have such a small crowd there but there were very few pits and tons of headbanging. I loved it