View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Cool deal man. Maybe if you made a cool comment like Seven Days of May, nice call! rather than raises hand we could have actually had an intelligent conversation.

Everyone I talked to last night agreed Souls of Black is their worst album by a mile and it was cool hearing more stuff from The Gathering and talking about music that is still relevant today.

Also comparing Souls of Black to Number of the Beast is blasphemous. It's more like Fear of the Dark. A title track from an album where they were just trying to be commercial and get played on the radio and mtv. Nothing remotely classic about a song like that. They should be forgotten. Hence my comparison...
Souls of Black was not a terrible album, it just was not as good as their others. In my opinion, Testament never released a bad record, but if you want to go so far as to say that they tried to reach commerciality, it would be MUCH better for you to have said "The Ritual". And Souls of Black is indeed a Testament classic, its a good song and its great live, so I really can't understand the level of ignorance that you are showing, unless you enjoy showcasing your opinion as fact.

And what's wrong with Fear of the Dark? Sorta crappy album, but the song is awesome. And before you start, no it is not one of my favorite Maiden songs.