View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Wrong. I don't see how Porcupine Tree have been getting more overrated recently when their best stuff is on their last three discs, and I will also mention that they have been around since the early 90s, which is the same amount of time as King's X? And I'm not a King's X fan, but will watch them, and if you're not a Porcupine Tree fan, you could do the same for them.
King's X's first album came out in 1986 or 87. If the show were 10 minutes away, I'd still go. But I can NOT justify going an hour and 20 minutes and paying full price to see King's X for 45 minutes.
I'm not denying that Porcupine Tree might be getting better. But the fact of the matter is that 5 years ago, neither I or anyone I know knew who the hell Porcupine Tree even were, and the majority of people I know hated them when they first heard them, but somewhere between then and now, it became the hip new thing for people to love Porcupine Tree and worship at the shrine of Stephen Wilson. I'm sorry, but Doug Pinnick has one of the most phenomenal voices in the world, and nothing that Stephen Wilson can do comes within a million miles of Doug.