View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Ah. Well in my opinion the song selection was kinda meh. The Mindcrime stuff is great, but the rest is pretty much just a few generic hits, some good, some bad. Queensryche tribute bands have a HUGE margin for error. I don't know why, but for some reason their music doesn't lend itself well to tribute bands. I saw a triple-tribute show in 2005 of tributes for Queensryche, Rush, and Dream Theater, and the Queensryche tribute was easily the worst of the 3, even though Queensryche's material was BY FAR easier than the other two.
There are a lot of people who just don't like Queensryche, many because of Geoff Tate's voice, but others for various reasons. I'd say if you are somewhat interested in hearing them for real, check out "The Warning". Even though "Operation : Mindcrime" is pretty much the undisputed ultimate Queensryche album, it can scare you away at first if it's not your kind of thing. I'd say give The Warning a shot, and see what happens.

Thanks for that info! I should check out the real Queensryche then. And yea Robert (rjturtle9) kept telling me that this and this song is from a concept album and stuff like that .. I'm not really a huge fan of the whole concept album idea. It becomes too operatic sometimes. The only concept album I ever liked was Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

But I'll try 'The Warning' anyways.